AUGUST = Rum Flights, 90+ Varieties of Rum & Rum Day Sunday Fun-Day
POSTED IN | Events
When it comes to rum, you know we mean business! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights - all day, every day; bar OR tables.
National Rum Day is officially on August 16, but naturally, we're celebrating our favorite spirit for an entire month! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights featuring .75-ounce pours including the following (a more thorough description is included below):
- Cuba Libres (rum & coke) $12
- Rum Room Favorites $19
- Whiskey Lover’s $23
Then, on National Rum Day (Sunday August 16), we're hosting a “Rum Day Sunday Funday” – where all of our 90+ rums will be available at half the regular price during Happy Hour (5-7 p.m.) at the bar.! Rums are priced between $8 and $34 a glass.
A more detailed description of each of the flights is included below:
The Cuba Libre Flight: $12
- The “Original” Cuba Libre: Bacardi Gold Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
- Cherry Cuba Libre: Bacardi Torched Cherry, Coca-Cola and lime
- Coconut Spiced Cuba Libre: Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
Rum Room Favorites: $23
- Ron Pampero Aniversario, Venezuela: Full-bodied, yet well-balanced – an excellent sipping rum. Brown sugar, baking spices, oak and leather flavoring that is softly spicy and bittersweet.
- Flor de Caña 7 Year, Nicaragua: Vibrant and deep amber in color. Notes of almond, smoke, brown sugar, coffee and vanilla, with a mild cinnamon spice. A bitter and nutty blend through the finish.
- Zaya 12 Year (Gran Reserva), Trinidad: A rich, sweet, mahogany-colored aged rum. Complex aroma of sweet vanilla, oak spice and tobacco with flavors of almond, hazelnut, oak vanilla and caramel.
Whiskey Lovers $19
- Ron Matusalem 15 (Gran Reserva), Dominican Republic: A bittersweet and elegant Solera aged rum with a strong molasses and maple flavor. Sharp oak, with hints of banana, vanilla and spice.
- Cruzan Single Barrel, US Virgin Islands: Smooth and mellow blend, aged together in a single barrel. Scents of banana, mango, and tangerine on the nose with oak, dark fruit and nut flavors.
- Mount Gay Black Barrel: Complex notes of spice, nutmeg, followed by hints of orange, Bold spice balanced with orange, oaky vanilla, sweet caramel and clove, Warm medium body with long finish