Rums that are TOO fantástico to mix. Try our NEW rum flights!
POSTED IN | Food & Drink
National Rum Day is on August 16 and we're celebrating, big time...as in we've turned the entire month of August into RUM MONTH! Celebrate our favorite spirit all month long with rum flights and rum cocktails.
Cool off this summer by sipping on Cuba Libre's 90+ varieties of rum, as the restaurant in The Quarter at Tropicana has dedicated the entire month of August to the delicioso spirit. Cuba Libre's rum flights, available during weekend lunch or dinner, include selections of three 1 oz. pours crafted to suit any taste - aged, dark, light, spiced - whatever your preference, Cuba Libre will craft the perfect flight!
Then, on National Rum Day, August 16, Cuba Libre's annual tradition of HALF-PRICE rums and rum drinks during Happy Hour (sí, every single rum!) continues at the bar from 5 to 7 p.m. That's right - any cocktail mixed with rum or any rum flight will be half-off during Happy Hour!
Check out the cocktail menu to view your favorite rum drinks and our rum flights.
Cuba Libre will offer the following special rum flights during Rum Month. Looking for something different? Ask your server for recommendations!
Black Jack ($16)
Featuring dark, Navy style and spiced rums
- Gosling Black Seal, Bermuda: Rich intricate molasses flavor that is well-balanced and nuanced with caramel, butterscotch, and vanilla.
- Cruzan Black Strap, St Croix, Us Virgin Islands: Dark, navy-style rum with light undertones of licorice and black coffee featuring faint notes of vanilla and cinnamon.
- Kraken Black Spiced, Trinidad & Tobago: High-proof, dark, aged rum. Rich brown color. Blended with 11 secret spices. Molasses, licorice, vanilla, and holiday baking spices.
Caribbean Stud Poker ($20)
Tasting flight of aged rums from the Caribbean
- Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva, Dominican Republic, 15 Year: Aromas of oak, banana and orange peel with flavors of sweet butterscotch, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- Zaya, Trinidad And Tobago, 12 Year: Complex aromas of vanilla and caramel with rich nutty flavors.
- Barbancourt Estate Reserve, Haiti, 15 Year: Hints of clove and orange peel with subtle flavors of butterscotch and toffee accented by sandalwood and oak.