AUGUST = Rum Flights, 90+ Varieties of Rum & Rum Day Sunday Fun-Day
POSTED IN | Events
When it comes to rum, you know we mean business! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights - all day, every day; bar OR tables.
National Rum Day is officially on August 16, but naturally, we're celebrating our favorite spirit for an entire month! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights featuring .75-ounce pours including the following (a more thorough description is included below):
- Cuba Libres (rum & coke) $12
- Rum Room Favorites $19
- Whiskey Lover’s $23
Then, on National Rum Day (Sunday August 16), we're hosting a “Rum Day Sunday Funday” – where all of our 90+ rums will be available at half the regular price during Happy Hour (5-7 p.m.) at the bar.! Rums are priced between $8 and $34 a glass.
A more detailed description of each of the flights is included below:
The Cuba Libre Flight: $12
- The “Original” Cuba Libre: Bacardi Gold Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
- Cherry Cuba Libre: Bacardi Torched Cherry, Coca-Cola and lime
- Coconut Spiced Cuba Libre: Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
Rum Room Favorites: $23
- Papa’s Pilar Dark Caribbean: Full-bodied blended rum– made from pot stilled and column distilled rums. Initially sweet with vanilla, caramel and citrus, then a hint of cinnamon and anise, and a dry finish.
- Chairman's Reserve, St. Lucia: Hand crafted pot stilled rum with a balanced palate of a mellow but complex mix of ripe raisin fruit, and tobacco, and spice.
- El Dorado 15 Year, Guyana: A blend of aged rums at least 15 years old. Aroma of dark fruit, bittersweet chocolate, smoky roasted nuts, and light tobacco. Long finish with chocolate and peppery spice.
Whiskey Lovers $19
- Rhum Barbancourt 8 Year Reserve, Haiti: Premium dark rum distilled in copper stills and aged in white oak barrels. Made from sugarcane juice. Hints of brown sugar, butterscotch, oak, orange peel, cinnamon and anise.
- Cruzan Single Barrel, US Virgin Islands: Smooth and mellow blend, aged together in a single barrel. Scents of banana, mango, and tangerine on the nose with oak, dark fruit and nut flavors.
- Brugal 1888, Dominican Republic: Aged in bourbon casks for 6 years, then sherry casks for another 2. Sharp caramel toffee taste with notes of oak and orange liqueur to finish.