Rums that are TOO fantástico to mix. Try our NEW rum flights!
POSTED IN | Food & Drink
National Rum Day is on August 16 and we're celebrating, big time...as in we've turned the entire month of August into RUM MONTH! Celebrate our favorite spirit all month long with rum flights and rum cocktails.
Cool off this summer by sipping on Cuba Libre's 90+ varieties of rum, as the Pointe Orlando restaurant has dedicated the entire month of August to the delicioso spirit. Cuba Libre's rum flights include selections of three 1 oz. pours crafted to suit any taste - aged, dark, light, spiced - whatever your preference, Cuba Libre will craft the perfect flight!
Then, on National Rum Day, August 16, Cuba Libre's annual tradition of HALF-PRICE rums and rum drinks during Happy Hour (sí, every single rum!) continues at the bar from 5 to 7 p.m. That's right - any cocktail mixed with rum or any rum flight will be half-off during Happy Hour!
Check out the cocktail menu to view your favorite rum drinks and our rum flights.
Cuba Libre will offer the following special rum flights during Rum Month. Looking for something different? Ask your server for recommendations!
El Coqui Flight ($18)
Named after the Puerto Rican frog with a unique sound, Don Q is what islanders drink when they want to relax on the beach.
- Don Q Single Barrel: Aged for more than 10 years. Rare, single barrel hand-selected rum. Rich, buttery notes of deep woodiness, mingled with tannins and sweeter notes. Aromas of heavy oak bouquet, leather and dried fruit.
- Don Q Añejo: Light golden brown in color. Aged 3 to 7 years in whisky and bourbon barrels. Medium-bodied. Molasses, vanilla, tobacco, leather, and oak. Slight sweetness. Pleasant complexity. Dry finish.
- Don Q Gran Añejo: A blend of rums aged 3 to 12 years to create blend of sweet and dry finish. Flavors of baked apple, tropical fruits, spice with hints of nuts and smoky vanilla. Wonderful to sip neat or on the rocks.
Kirk and Sweeney Flight ($20)
Named after a wooden rum running schooner that shipped spirits from the Caribbean to America during prohibition. Distillery based in the Dominican Republic.
- 12 Year: Aroma of earthy sugarcane and vanilla. The initial flavors of sweet nectar and honey give way to notes of oak and toffee. The finish ends with a smooth vanilla kick.
- 18 Year: Traditional, well-aged. Notes of brown sugar, vanilla, and some chocolate/coffee overtones on the nose and palate with some curious red wine notes. Coffee character builds along with Port-like sweetness with finish.
- 23 Year: Fully matured sipping rum. Deep caramel, flecked with barrel char, toffee, intense vanilla, and a touch of baking spice — particularly cloves on the nose and palate with a rich, silky finish