AUGUST = Rum Flights, 90+ Varieties of Rum & Rum Day Sunday Fun-Day
POSTED IN | Events
When it comes to rum, you know we mean business! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights - all day, every day; bar OR tables.
National Rum Day is officially on August 16, but naturally, we're celebrating our favorite spirit for an entire month! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights featuring .75-ounce pours including the following (a more thorough description is included below):
- Cuba Libres (rum & coke) $12
- Rum Room Favorites $19
- Whiskey Lover’s $23
Then, on National Rum Day (Sunday August 16), we're hosting a “Rum Day Sunday Funday” – where all of our 90+ rums will be available at half the regular price during Happy Hour (5-7 p.m.) at the bar.! Rums are priced between $8 and $34 a glass.
A more detailed description of each of the flights is included below:
The Cuba Libre Flight: $12
- The “Original” Cuba Libre: Bacardi Gold Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
- Cherry Cuba Libre: Bacardi Torched Cherry, Coca-Cola and lime
- Coconut Spiced Cuba Libre: Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
Rum Room Favorites: $23
- Dos Maderas PX, Spain: An excellent sipping rum with rich caramel aroma and a fruity flavor, including notes of vanilla, orange peel and cloves for an extremely smooth finish.
- Bacardi 8 yr, Puerto Rico: A firm, well-oaked, whiskey-like rum. Not overly sweet, with predominant flavors including figs, dried plum, apricot, smoked wood and oak, and accents of light caramel and nutmeg.
- Cuba Libre 21 yr, Guyana: A complex and well-balanced blend of rums at least 21 years old. Nose of baking spices, vanilla, oak, orange peel and dried apricot with flavor full of brown sugar, oak, cinnamon and a soft nuttiness.
Whiskey Lovers $19
- Kirk & Sweeney, Dominican Republic: A crisp, smooth, golden brown sipping rum with a light, heated finish. Butterscotch and syrup aroma with strong vanilla, butterscotch and wood spice flavors.
- Cruzan Single Barrel, US Virgin Islands: Smooth and mellow blend, aged together in a single barrel. Scents of banana, mango, and tangerine on the nose with oak, dark fruit and nut flavors.
- Brugal 1888, Dominican Republic: Aged in bourbon casks for 6 years, then sherry casks for another 2. Sharp caramel toffee taste with notes of oak and orange liqueur to finish.