AUGUST = Rum Flights, 90+ Varieties of Rum & Rum Day Sunday Fun-Day
POSTED IN | Events
When it comes to rum, you know we mean business! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights - all day, every day; bar OR tables.
National Rum Day is officially on August 16, but naturally, we're celebrating our favorite spirit for an entire month! From August 1-31, 2015, we're offering three new rum flights featuring .75-ounce pours including the following (a more thorough description is included below):
- Cuba Libres (rum & coke) $12
- Rum Room Favorites $19
- Whiskey Lover’s $23
Then, on National Rum Day (Sunday August 16), we're hosting a “Rum Day Sunday Funday” – where all of our 90+ rums will be available at half the regular price during Happy Hour (5-7 p.m.) at the bar.! Rums are priced between $8 and $34 a glass.
A more detailed description of each of the flights is included below:
The Cuba Libre Flight: $12
- The “Original” Cuba Libre: Bacardi Gold Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
- Cherry Cuba Libre: Bacardi Torched Cherry, Coca-Cola and lime
- Coconut Spiced Cuba Libre: Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum, Coca-Cola and lime
Rum Room Favorites: $23
- Pyrat XO, West Indies: Zesty and slightly sweet amber rum blended in Guyana with Demerara and other Caribbean sugars. Flavors of orange zest, cinnamon, apricot, tobacco and hints of lemon.
- Flor de Caña 7 Year, Nicaragua: Vibrant and deep amber in color. Notes of almond, smoke, brown sugar, coffee and vanilla, with a mild cinnamon spice. A bitter and nutty blend through the finish.
- El Dorado 15 Year, Guyana: A blend of aged rums at least 15 years old. Aroma of dark fruit, bittersweet chocolate, smoky roasted nuts, and light tobacco. Long finish with chocolate and peppery spice.
Whiskey Lovers $19
- Ron Matusalem 15 (Gran Reserva), Dominican Republic: A bittersweet and elegant Solera aged rum with a strong molasses and maple flavor. Sharp oak, with hints of banana, vanilla and spice.
- Cruzan Single Barrel, US Virgin Islands: Smooth and mellow blend, aged together in a single barrel. Scents of banana, mango, and tangerine on the nose with oak, dark fruit and nut flavors.
- Zaya Gran Reserva 12 Year, Trinidad: Double distilled in copper stills and aged in whiskey and bourbon oak barrels. Scents of caramel, vanilla, and spice with vanilla, fruit and caramel flavors.