Rums that are TOO fantástico to mix. Try our NEW rum flights!
POSTED IN | Food & Drink
National Rum Day is on August 16 and we're celebrating, big time...as in we've turned the entire month of August into RUM MONTH! Celebrate our favorite spirit all month long with rum flights and rum cocktails.
Cool off this summer by sipping on Cuba Libre's 90+ varieties of rum, as the Penn Quarter restaurant has dedicated the entire month of August to the delicioso spirit. Cuba Libre's rum flights, available during lunch, weekend brunch, or dinner, include selections of three 1 oz. pours crafted to suit any taste - aged, dark, light, spiced - whatever your preference, Cuba Libre will craft the perfect flight!
Then, on National Rum Day, August 16, Cuba Libre's annual tradition of HALF-PRICE rums and rum drinks during Happy Hour (sí, every single rum!) continues at the bar from 4 to 7 p.m. That's right - any cocktail mixed with rum or any rum flight will be half-off during Happy Hour!
Check out the cocktail menu to view your favorite rum drinks and our rum flights.
Cuba Libre will offer the following special rum flights throughout the month of August. Looking for something different? Ask your server for recommendations!
TOUR OF THE DARK SIDE OF RUM $16
Tasting flight of dark rums for those that prefer flavors of molasses and cocoa.
- CRUZAN BLACK STRAP, St Croix, US Virgin Islands: Dark, Navy-style rum. Strong molasses and maple syrup flavors with light undertones of licorice and black coffee. Faint notes of vanilla and cinnamon.
- CORUBA DARK RUM, Jamaica: A take on the traditional dark Planter’s-style rum. Full flavored with a smooth finish. The flavor has hints of spice, molasses, cocoa, and caramel.
- RON MIEL, Canary Islands, Spain: Dark auburn in hue. Black tea, honey, dark molasses on the nose. Sweet with strong honey, black tea and traditional rum flavors.
THE RUM CLASSIC $19
Hand-curated to showcase the flavors and complexity developed through the art of aging.
- BACARDI SOLERA, Mexico: A light bodied sipping rum that is aged up to 3 years in carefully selected oak casks. It contains citrusy aromas and flavors, with a warm vanilla finish.
- CUBA LIBRE 15 YEAR, Guyana: A blend of aged rums no younger than 15 years. Aroma of dark fruit, bittersweet chocolate, smoky roasted nuts, and light tobacco. Long finish with chocolate and peppery spice.
- CUBA LIBRE 21 YEAR, Guyana: A blend of rums that are aged for least 21 years. Mahogany color. Aroma of vanilla, oak, orange peel and dried apricot with flavors of brown sugar, oak, cinnamon and dried fruit. Complex and well-balanced.